Tuesday, April 1, 2008

An Ode to My Lover

Photobucket

My Lover isn’t someone who finds his worth in his six-pack. He is not someone who would strut and brag about his achievements. He actually chose to be a pauper, even if he was actually wealthy beyond compare.

My Lover is the wisest man in the universe. He is wisdom himself. He teaches me how to cook, how to write, how to speak to people who are powerful and in authority.

My Lover is mindful of me. He takes care to see to it that I am fed. He takes care to see that I am a happy lil girl. He makes sure that I enjoy sunrises and the sunsets. He makes sure I get adequate sleep and rest.

And yet my Lover is much like a Lion: regal, and he knows when to yield power when he needs to. He won’t relent till he can perfect righteousness in me.

The love of my life, Jesus, never fails to break my heart when He reminds me of what He did for me on the Cross. He never fails to break my heart when He speaks, and the world has no other choice but to agree. He is.. The only concrete entity that I have, and without Him, I am nothing.

Lord, thank you for loving me first. I would never have been freed without You. :)

No comments: