Thursday, April 3, 2008

Coming Out

Finally, after years of hiding behind a "Christian" veneer: trying to be perfect, even though I am SORELY not perfect, I finally realized that I should stop trying to be perfect. I think I have finally come into my own; I finally feel safe in my own skin, and I am ready to allow the people who would need to learn from my life to know about my struggles: those I have overcome, and the current ones can be discussed with discretion.

Somewhere in the Bible, it says that what was once in the dark would eventually come to the light. There is no secret that can be hidden, and that is so true.

In my journey to victory, there were moments where my leaders were given insights into what I was facing, what I had faced in the past, and what I am a prisoner of. Those confrontations were not scary. They were loving, because as my sins got exposed to the light, I became free of them.

As one of my beloved friends prayed for me, to embrace rebuke, I encourage you, my readers (haha nagfifeeling, but then the faceboxes below do say that I have readers. Bleh. :p), to not run away from the Judgment seat of Jesus. If your leaders confront you, if you are shown areas of life that you should submit to God, embrace. Yield. Because these are healing, and these would help you.

Whether they said these in love or from a motivation that is less than love, consider these, and pray about these. If it was offensive, forgive, and seek God.

As John Eldredge (I think) said, Christianity is essentially a faith based on FORGIVENESS, just walk on, forgive, forgive, forgive the people who hurt you and continue to hurt you. It's the only way to shrug off all those excess bagages you're carrying. :)

And with that, here I am, signing off!

..With a sneak peek into my old coping-with-smoking-blog-slash-blog-when-i-am-sucidal
that seems to have closure now. :)

No comments: