Monday, April 28, 2008

Flowers Out My Window

A couple of months ago, I had established a couple of "love symbols" with God: flowers and dogs. Whether I get to just behold a flower or a dog with my eyes, or I get to pick the flower and press it in my diary, or just look at and admire the beauty of the dog or pet and play and communicate with it, either is a reminder of how God loves me, to me.

This is a very emotional time in my life, and I just couldn't help but be "businesslike," meaning just try to rush through my morning prayers, do my "duties" with God, and be on with my day and fill it with as much moneymaking as I can muster.

But as I was praying for an authority figure in my life, I noticed my inner voice grow faint. This is usually a sign that God wants me to stop, or there is sin in my heart. I started to pray again, asking God if there is sin in my heart. He said, "Don't pray."

Startled, I opened my eyes. And this is what I beheld:



This picture certainly does not give justice to the true beauty of the (are these Narra flowers?) flowers out my window.

I purposefully moved from my desk by my bed in order to behold them again. God is so loving. God is so kind. Even in my disobedience, He made the Narra bear flowers to comfort me in these dark hours of mine. :)

Friends, our peace is not of this world. That only when the rest of the world is calm do we have peace. But our peace is that of Christ's: in the midst of destruction and desecration, we are unfathomably placid.

I love my Lord and Savior, my Master, against whom I am so remiss... He is a better Lover than any human man could get, and to think...

I'm engaged.

Take it from me, girls. I love being loved by my fiance, but Jesus tops him anyday.

No comments: