Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Grace.

Hi guys, if you read stuff that I write that seem "off," I pray that you would pray for me more, rather than to think that I might be going off the "deep end," or that you would judge me for my "wrongdoing," whatever it is that you may see.

There are things that each of us deal with that would seem like we are getting lost again, but please be assured that I have people here who love me and who help me grow, and I pray that you would be surrounded with people who would find it a joy to help you grow too. I am a work in progress, and I may stumble at times, but the important thing is to get up again and walk on.

Sometimes you and I would need to run. Sometimes we need to slow down and just walk. Sometimes, we stumble and fall, and when we fall down and Jesus sets us back on our feet, we may limp. Sometimes we crawl, bruised and bleeding. Sometimes, we are virtually dead, and we need to be carried.

But remember that our God, our Jesus, the Lover of our Soul, had raised Lazarus from the dead. He can surely raise us from a virtual flatline*.

The peace of Christ is not the kind of peace that the world is crying out for: EXTERNAL, BASED ON CIRCUMSTANCE.

Instead, it is a kind of peace that wells up from within. An unfathomable peace, that allows you to be still, even as the world around you trembles and quakes.

Be still. Relish His peace. Relish His love. Relish His presence. Delight in Him.

He deserves our praise.



*flatline: when the heart monitor goes dead and there is only a flat line, meaning the person is already dead.

No comments: