Sunday, March 30, 2008

Epiphanies from Frozen Bubble...


While biding time before I start working again, I told God I will finish Frozen Bubble in all its stages. And in the process of playing the game, these were my realizations. But before I go on, I would like to tell you the mechanics of Frozen Bubble. You aim balls of different colors at a mass of other balls in order to make everything else disappear. It’s like the more-famous DynoMite or even Billiards.

I am not one for sports, or the mainstream computer games, but when I like a computer game, especially the simpler ones and the puzzle-type ones, I really get obsessed until I finish the entire game. :p

It’s been months since I put off finishing all 100 stages of Frozen Bubble, and since the last time I had been able to go up to Level 70, I decided to finish it today so I will have “closure” with this game. :p

So, then, here are my realizations.


  • God wants to play with me too. In several periods of losing, I, finally, in all my exasperation, asked God what was wrong. He said: “It’s because you’re not letting me play with you.” And you know, with every game that I ask Him to teach me where to aim the balls, I finish the stages “cleanly” every time. :p
  • The game taught me that Jesus does not want me to be exasperated with myself when I fail. He is the one who tells me that it’s okay to lose. I am the one who would like to be over and done with it then and there. I better listen to the One who knows me better.
  • I need to focus. Most of the time, we do not reach our goals because we listen to the first sign of distraction.
  • Keep an eye both on the goal, and on my own feet. In this case, on that arrow down there that aims the balls at the “goal”. At one point in the game, I got too confident after winning a particular stage that I would just aim blindly on the goal. The thing is, that’s how I do it in real life too. Because I am sure of the goal Jesus has set for me, I tend to live the present carelessly. Not so. I should live my present with care, because each step I take today determines the quality of my future.
  • And lastly, Jesus wants me to win!

Even if it’s just purely a game, like this one, or one of the “games” of life that we go through, all I know is that Jesus wants me to have victory. And you know whom my biggest adversity is? ME. No one else. It’s just me who will stop Jesus when He’s about to carry me over the finish line.

Written: 3/25/08

No comments: