Thursday, March 27, 2008

Split Apart and Burned at the Altar

“It is a burnt offering, an offering by fire, a soothing aroma to the LORD.”

This is from Leviticus 1:9. This is what is said with every sacrifice that is burned on the altar in the Old Testament.

While we go, “God is soothed by the smell of burned animals?!” we should also stop and realize how grateful we should be that we are not that bird or cow or sheep on the altar. Our sins warrant that we should be the ones being burned up, up there, but God’s love and mercy has allowed us to escape the pain of being split open and burned on the altar. Instead, it was JESUS who was scourged and bled and split across a Cross, left to die.

It was JESUS who went down to Hades for us and snatched the keys of the first and second death up from Satan, so we may live at God’s pleasure/will, or die, if He cannot put up with our stubbornness anymore.

I am so happy I was born in our times. We may have different challenges today, but I am so grateful that Jesus is the one who carries my burdens today. Jesus teaches me so much, as I walk with Him daily. I am so thankful that I need not be perfect for Him, because He is already perfect for me.

But mostly, I am thankful that my pains are so minor... Compared to the one which He endured on the Cross.


Hope you will reflect on this, too, and be glad that you are Jesus’, and He is waiting for you to turn your heart to Him. :)

No comments: