Monday, December 15, 2008

The True Meaning of Christmas from Dave Ramsey

The Memorable Christmas Puzzle
While living in Dallas/Ft. Worth, we learned of a family in need during the holidays. My family and I delivered food and toys to a young lady and her 2 small children. The lady told us to put the gifts away because they were all her kids would receive on Christmas Day.

As we put the food away in the kitchen, I noticed a sparsely lit tree in the corner of the living room, with a homemade wooden puzzle of Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus on the floor beneath it. Her kids explained to my kids the Christmas story using that puzzle. As we approached the door to head home, her children gave my kids the homemade wooden puzzle to take home and put under our tree. Wow.

This became part of our routine each Christmas. We place that puzzle below our tree, and we remember how God gave his Son and how that family gave us all they had as we reached out to them. Eighteen years have passed by and my kids are adults. But we will never forget that special moment in our lives.
—Ken in FL

No comments: