Friday, December 26, 2008

I Just Knew I Wouldn't Be Able To Stop

Casting Crowns - Let Me Love You

Misty Edwards - Finally I Surrender


Heather Clark Band - Deeper


Heather Clark Band - I Present Myself As A Living Sacrifice


Brian and Jenn Johnson - A Little Longer


I knew I'd find it hard to stop sharing with you, just as soon as I had posted the blog. Here were my iMeem picks over the past few days. I love how God has allowed the Internet to be the answer to the prayers of millions of Filipino Christians who had been longing for decent Christian radio here in this country.

I know that Jam 88.3 plays Christian music as well, but I don't have FM of late. Also, it just rocks that the music I find have not even been released yet, at times.


Here are my old-time faves, before I forget:

Amber N. Brooks - Like You Promised

Nina Landis - Captivated (Just look for it on her playlist)
Meredith Mauldin - Release the Angels (Same as Nina Landis, please just look for the song on her playlist)

And of course, the unbeatable women that got me started on my next level of loving Christian music:

Rebecca St. James - Lion

Misty Edwards - You Won't Relent


And prior to my discovery of Rebecca St. James or Misty Edwards, here are the rainshowers that have kept my heart alive through my dark adolescent years:

Caedmon's Call - Shifting Sand

Caedmon's Call - Love Alone
Caedmon's Call - Piece of Glass

Jars of Clay - Worlds Apart

Jars of Clay - Hymn
Jars of Clay - Flood
Jars of Clay - Liquid


Man, it feels like only yesterday when I've had those Caedmon's Call and Jars of Clay songs as anthems. I can't believe the difference of the angsty-ness of these anthems, as opposed to the lovesick-for-Jesus songs that I listen to today...

I guess it's really the way the Christian travels: from darkness and despair, and into light. :)

I'm so glad that I'm singing for the Lord to be my fire now, as opposed to "Take me out of the dark, my Lord.."

It was not a happy place to be in constant despair, you know. (Mighty redundant for a bit there, but anyway..)

I still have my moments, mind you. But these are more manageable now, thanks to how God takes care of me so well.

I'm just happy to be His daughter. :)

And here I am, sharing with you the songs that had earmarked my journey. :)


It was only yesterday that I had been swimming in the gunk of constant angst and pain, and today, I can finally use the word... "Happy."

I used to swear that word off. I used to despise the people who could use yellows and pinks for their profiles. Today, I am one of those who can use pink and yellow on my profile.

Uh-mazing.

God is. Not meh. Coz as I had realized one time, how I got here was not a function of actually agonizing about things. I had gotten to this happy place, one prayer at a time, one issue surrendered at a time. And oh, one command obeyed at a time.

I can't believe it, 2009 is dawning, and I have never felt better in my life. I had never felt this much hope and this much balance, as well as love in my life before.

And I owe it all to Jesus, for whom all these songs were sung. :)


I love You Lord!!!




(And yes, if you liked the songs on my post, nevermind my self-absorbed blabbering, please say a prayer for me, and let me know so that I can say a prayer for you too!


Hugs and Love!)

No comments: