Monday, July 28, 2008

Thankfulness post for last Friday

To balance today's other post, which was rather heavy, I am posting last week's Thankfulness post, which is overdue because I started my first day at work. :)

  1. I am thankful for the gift of vacations. :)
  2. I am thankful that this is not a religion, but a relationship. :)
  3. I am thankful for the ability to commute tasks for tomorrow, and for the gift of sleep. Yey!
  4. I am thankful for Folger's Coffee. :) Truly the least intoxicating blend in the world! Yey!
  5. I am thankful for friends.
  6. I am thankful for the value of forgiveness.
  7. I am thankful that time heals all wounds. :D

For my Mom:

  1. I am thankful for her gift of artistry, creativity and resourcefulness. I use it in the kitchen every day now. :)
  2. I am thankful for her thriftiness, I learned to keep chicken stock and reuse it. :)
  3. I am thankful for her teaching me how to sew, now I can sew my torn clothes myself. :)
  4. I am thankful that I had to teach her on the computer, I had practice teaching others because of her.
  5. I am thankful for her eye for beauty. I learned to choose great bedsheets, curtains, towels and tablecloths, and I know what to pray for now, heheh!
  6. I am thankful that my Stanley screwdriver is still with her. Now I have one more reason to want to go home. :p Hehehehehehe!
  7. I am thankful for her love of housework. But because of the terrific amount of catching up that I need to do with my writing, I may have to delegate my laundry to the shop. Argh. Gastos. Argh.
My Tatay:

  1. I'm thankful he was strict with me, in terms of boys. I grew up protected, despite my rebellion. :)
  2. I am thankful for tough love; I lived to survive and realize the lessons were wise.
  3. I am thankful for his love of gadgets and gizmos; I won't be who I am today if not for this.
  4. I am thankful for his lesson of putting things back where I got them. Now I know the value of mind-mapping. :p (But I have yet to perfect this art.)
  5. I am thankful that he was one of the few who decided to buck the trends of his day and start a new one. Though he always exhorted me to conform, at the very least, his inner nonconformist streak profited me because reality followed suit to my predispositions (like me having upside-down sleeping patterns, heheh!).
  6. I am thankful that I have his tiny eyes and that I noticed when he would be deep in thought when they would narrow and be emotionless. One of my lessons in discernment had been based on looking at his eyes.
  7. I am thankful that I have his persistence and the tendency not to take "No" for an answer: it sure helped me when mountains were set in my path. :)

Wildcard of last week:

I am thankful for my best buddy Gigi. :) She blazed the trails I had to tread too. Though my own trails are adorned with flora and fauna of different breeds, the path seems familiar because of what I saw in her life. I'm thankful I had a road map in her. :)


So this is what it means to love...



No comments: