Friday, February 15, 2008

No Plan B and Two Other Lessons

After a crazy 48 hours before and a battle that had been won, here I am, re-realizing the gravity and the depth of my faithlessness.

I had been told by God for the past two or three days that I have to be faithful to what He gives me. I thought I had to be faithful to my secular job. Apparently, I had to be faithful to Him, after all.

Meaning, whatever He says that I should do: whether it is to let go of stuff, people, and to drop everything, or to always update this blog (He says it’s a daily thing), I have to be faithful.

Frankly, I am as yet too drained to really think about a proper “sermon” here. But these are my lessons of the day:

1) We Christians have to be faithful to Him first, above all. The world can wait, He can pull strings, as long as we are faithful.

2) Blessings follow obedience. In other words, obedience first, before the blessing. Deuteronomy 28 explains this point so clearly, it’s downright scary.

3) God’s ways indeed are mysterious. Lest we think that He is misleading us by making a promise then things and opportunities other factors point to a different direction, stop right there. He does not mislead, for His ways are perfect. One thing I learned is that, in situations like these (forked roads, multiple doors that have opened), always go back to the first thing God promised you, for God has no Plan B. Whether you feel like you are being led through a crazy roundabout path, or worse, a wilderness, God will actually bring you back where He intended you to be in, in the first place. Wildernesses are necessary, and He will not allow you to go through these without due reason. Plus, as was said in the Bible (see previous article for scripture notes), He allows you to be told misleading “words” or even lies, because He wants to test your heart.

It is Jesus’ part to fulfill the promises He has set for you. Your only task is to fix your eyes on Jesus. So no more looking to the left or to the right. Let Jesus lead. Just FOLLOW.

;)

No comments: