Thursday, November 13, 2008

What Amazes Me (Fritzl Case Follow Up 2)

'He is the killer of my son.'

That was how Elizabeth Fritzl described her father, who had raped and kept her captive for 24 years. This manner of describing the man who had given her personal torment for two whole decades and then some, is a stark message to me. This woman no longer thought about her own torment; she was more concerned about the fact that this evil man killed her own child... And his.

I also found it remarkable that she apparently loves her children, as the previous article I posted had testified. For a rape victim to love her own children, this is a miracle. For an incest/captivity victim, I am bowled over.

She gave birth to her children all unaided. That she finally decided to just be meek and go through the abuse is beyond me.

I don't know what God was trying to communicate to us via allowing this, but if He could show beauty via the Holocaust, the glory of how He rescues despite allowing, even ordaining this degree of evil, He surely could create a redemptive story out of this... Evil.

I pray that Elizabeth, especially her mother Rosemary, and her children, would heal from all of this. I pray that God would give Fritzl time to understand his sins. And even if God would give him mercy, I pray that he still reaps the extreme consequences of the evil he agreed with.

Lord, please keep Elizabeth, her mom and kids, to grow increasingly in victory and in knowledge of You. Heal them completely, in Jesus' name.

No comments: