Saturday, May 17, 2008

Teach Your Daughters to Wail

Jeremiah 9: 13-20

13
The LORD said, "It is because they have forsaken my law, which I set before them; they have not obeyed me or followed my law. 14 Instead, they have followed the stubbornness of their hearts; they have followed the Baals, as their fathers taught them." 15 Therefore, this is what the LORD Almighty, the God of Israel, says: "See, I will make this people eat bitter food and drink poisoned water. 16 I will scatter them among nations that neither they nor their fathers have known, and I will pursue them with the sword until I have destroyed them."

17 This is what the LORD Almighty says:
"Consider now! Call for the wailing women to come;
send for the most skillful of them.

18 Let them come quickly
and wail over us
till our eyes overflow with tears
and water streams from our eyelids.

19 The sound of wailing is heard from Zion:
'How ruined we are!
How great is our shame!
We must leave our land
because our houses are in ruins.' "

20 Now, O women, hear the word of the LORD;
open your ears to the words of his mouth.
Teach your daughters how to wail;
teach one another a lament.


One of the roles a woman has in ministry is for prayer. While a lot of us aspire to be church builders, we have to face the fact that there are certain roles cut out for the two genders.

For me, the role of the intercessors, or the "Crying Ladies" is very important. It is only through prayer that things change. We can have all the excellent strategies in the world, but unless we've taken the matter to God, our work is for naught.

Though the intercessor may not be in the limelight, for me, it is actually one of the most productive places to be in.

As a future mom, I agree with the gravity of needing to teach my daughters to pray and to be broken before God for our flock and for our people. Crying at His feet may well be the best place to be, in this cold, hard-hearted world. At the very least, we have His protection there; at the very most, we have His favor on our requests and petitions.


It may be a grave call, but if you choose to accept...


It's fun in there. :)

No comments: